Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Snow

Late last weekend we had our first major snowstorm of the year. Over the course of 24 hours we received a foot of snow. I went around town wearing my Sorel Snowlion boots which can conquer even the toughest snow drifts. A couple of days later one of my favorite toys appeared on the scene. Every time I see it I get excited and recall my childhood days. The mystery toy is an industrial grade snowblower. Once the snow starts to accumulated on the curb and becomes a hazard out come the graders which move the snow into the middle of the road where a snowblower blows the snow into a passing dump truck. The snow is transport to a snow dump which sort of looks like this picture with the color inverted. The snow sits in huge mountain until in melts in the spring. One of these snow dumps is located near where I live so I usually take a moment to see how to has changed from day to day.