Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2008 Goals in Review

Last year around this time I uploaded my goals for 2008. The wisdom was if you publicly state some of your goals you are more likely to take the steps to achieve them. I found this a good exercise last year and something I will do this year. Before I list my 2009 goals I thought I would take a minute to see how I did in achieving my 2008 goals.



* Run a 1:30 half-marathon time
Getting closer with each race. Will have to try harder in 2009


* Go on more OHOC outdoor adventures
Achieved


* Do more hiking trips
Achieved (OHOC trips, Catochins, Pretty Boy dam, etc.)


* Climb more of the 46ers (46 highest peaks in the Adirondacks , NY)
Achieved. Climbed a couple of more peaks


* Loose 10 lbs by May 30 (race date –National Capital half-marathon)
Achieved.


* Hike the West Coast Trail/Shenandoah National Park/Old Smoky National Park
No. Shifted to 2009.


* Run a faster Baltimore half-marathon (< 1:34 ) in October 2008
Achieved. Each year I run the race around a minute faster


* Visit Brent ( Algonquin Park ) by canoeing and portaging and bring along a digital camera
No. But parents had two roofs and one patio deck rebuilt.


* Reach 500,000 Babble point (now 350,000) www.playbabble.com
Achieved. When I combine my babble scores and wordabble scores I achieved this goal.


* Do more cycling (road and mountain biking)
No. Ouch


* Geocaching goal 900-1000 finds by Dec 31 2008
Achieved in the spring and finished off the year with 949 finds.


* Become more mobile
No


* Complete an Olympic Distance triathlon (1500m swum/40km cycle/10km run)
No


* Swing dancing – Learn the Lindy Hop
Achieved but more work to do.


* Take the train to Baltimore
Goal for 2009 (Montreal to New York to Baltimore Penn Station)

2008 was a good year for me. I did more than I expected an achieved other goals that I that I didn't push up to my blog.