Monday, March 2, 2009

Finger socks

Today we are going to talk about my feet. Over the weekend, I stopped by Mountain Equipment Co-op to buy some new socks. They had some new socks -- Injinji -- which are like the Five Fingers of socks. One of the ideas behind the Five Finger shoes is that they spread you toes apart so that each toe is allowed to carry its share of your body weight rather than being scrunched together with his pals. The Injinji socks use the same principle as each toes lives inside its own pocket. Like the Five Fingers fitting your toes into the Injinji takes a little bit of effort but once you put the sock on they are quite comfortable. I bought two pairs of white and black and will put them through there paces for the next little while. I am curious to see if I notice a difference when I go a run wearing them.