Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Almost the end of summer...

This past weekend was a busy one as I headed home for a long weekend at my parent’s place. Much of my Saturday was spent driving to and from the university as well as the Toronto airport. My father has had a visiting research in town for much of the summer and I offered to drive him to the airport. On the way back, we stopped in at Whole Foods and I was able to restock on some Earl Gray Nourish Tea. The highlight of Sunday was heading over to a local dairy to have one last peach sundae as there are hints of fall in the air. In keeping with tradition, G, had his own peach sundae minus the whipped cream and nuts. He normally would have been a couple of times this summer but the car was always full with the foreign guest. On Monday, we headed south-west to Long Point Provincial Park on the shore of Lake Erie. My family camped there was we were young kids and it was great to get back there for a day trip. On the horizon, I’m looking forward to a couple of trips to the US in the fall.