Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Snow...wet and not enough

Overnight, we got our first dose of snow (two inches). It came in the form of wet snow which melted during the day leaving wet slush. I was hoping for more as I'm eager to go skiing as well to start snowshoeing but this will likely have to wait until after Christmas.

Tonight, I had an awesome run, it was one of those "flow" experiences when you run very fast and smooth almost as if you are on auto-pilot. This was unexpected. Earlier in the day, I got my annual "flu" shot and was starting to feel under the weather. Things continued to feel iffy as I was heading down to meet the running group. Once we started out on the run at a brisk pace I quickly moved in the grove and was able to spend most of the workout running very fast which sort of felt effortless.