Saturday, March 8, 2008

Let it snow...Let it snow...

As I type this entry it is snowing. We are within three feet of exceeding the snowfall record set in 1970-71 of 444.1 cm or 174 inches or 14.5 feet. Our current tally is 357 cm or 140.5 inches or 11.7 feet. We are expected to get another foot overnight. As I was heading back to Ottawa earlier this week we got another foot. The local newspaper claims that the average resident has shoveled the equivalent of 16 rhinos or 37, 572 kg or 16,970 pounds.

All this snow is good news as it is the first time that I have snowshoed in March. The plan is to trek along the Ottawa River for a couple of miles on Saturday. Earlier this week, I signed up for the UOttawa Adirondack snowshoeing adventure. It is a long weekend of snowshoeing, winter camping and mountain climbing at the end of the March. I am hoping to convince the organizers to change the date for next year's outing so that Jason can come along. But with more snow on the horizon I'll be snowshoeing for the foreseeable future.

SwingD for Fri = 14d

Sent from my iPod