Sunday, July 15, 2007

Death Package

This morning I did a 5km road race in the borough of the city that I live. The community paper had been advertising the race for the past month. The race went through the local street and the course was in the shape of a dogbone. A couple of my friends at the Running Room were on the start line with me. The race went well and I finished in a time just over 20 minutes which is good for me as it is the shortest distance that I have raced this year. As well, the race gave a chance to break in my new pair of sneakers. The race draw prize was one of the more interesting parts of the race. The first draw prize was a death package. At first thought it sounds rather bad. A local road race promoting death. One of the sponsors was a local law firm and they were offering powers of attorney and wills for a couple which was sort of neat.