Friday, July 27, 2007

Live Free, Die Hard 4

Last week, I watch the latest Bruce Willis movie, “Live Free and Die Hard.” I enjoyed the movie as the some of the special effects were wicked. I knew that some of film was shot in Baltimore but decided to give myself a challenge to see if I could locate any of the areas. The ending has a couple of port scenes which I think were filmed at Dundalk. The traffic jam scene was filmed at Mount Vernon. The cinematographer worked hard to avoid showing the top of the monument. I could see why they selected the location as you could have cameras posted at all four corners of the square and effectively control the action. The fighter jet scene and the truck rig on the freeway and the tunnel footage I think were the best for special effects. It was a good movie.