Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter

I had a good Easter weekend which started off with a 10 mile road race which gave my legs a good workout. G, my father and I located seven geocaches over the long weekend and were surprised by the effort that some folks will go to camoflauge a cache. One of the more interesting disguises was a hollowed out log which was six inches in diameter and had removed a large section by spinning it on a lathe. My extended family got together for a large meal at my brother's place and it is surprising to see how quickly my nieces and nephews are growing. It was great to catch up with everybody.

I'm starting to get excited about my upcoming trip to Baltimore which has as one of its highlights a multi-day hiking trip in the Shenandoah National Park. I'll have to visit the outdoor store on the weekend to pick up a couple of items and will go to REI to pick-up anything that I forgetten. It is currently unseasonably cold in Baltimore after recently get a couple of days in the 80s. By the weekend, I hope to have a better feel for what type of gear I'll need to pack. Hmm, polartec polar-weight or shorts....