Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Tonight's workout...

Tonight's workout was a challenging one from three perspectives. It was 4 x 1km interval repeats on 60 seconds. The conditions were challenging as it was cold, wet and very humid. When the conditions get this cold and humid I start to feel all my old running injuries which makes running the intervals hard. I have been sleep deprived for the past couple of nights which doesn't bode well for running fast. My times were off a bit tonight but I soldiered through and finished the workout.

On Friday morning, I will run in a 10 mile race and my father will run in the 5km. It is a family tradition that we do the Good Friday race. I think it will be the tenth year that we have done the race. There is one slight difference this year and that is, I will be doing the 10 mile race as I have always done the 5km. After the race we will do some geocaching near the race site.

Much of the weekend will be spent chain sawing in the back 40, geocaching and visiting my extended family. G will be eager to go geocaching and I'm looking forward to exploring some recently placed geocaches.