Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Omnibus entry...

I write this current entry with a fair amount of relief as a project that I have been working on for a little over a year has finished. Today, I delivered the final software components to the clients. The software will have to go through various levels of tests on their side before going formally into production. It is just nice to get the project complete and to have a happy client.

I did some shopping in anticipation for my upcoming adventure and stopped by Wal-Mart to get some trial size products that are compact and pack well. After Easter, I’ll head to MEC to get a replacement hiking pole and to buy two sleeping bags. I guess you could ask, is it that cold where I’m going and the answer is no. The first sleeping bag will have a -12C/10F rating which is replacing a down sleeping bag that my father has had since I was a young boy. We will use the bag in the fall, and winter when the weather gets cold. The sleeping bag has been on my “gotta-get” list for a little while. The other sleeping bag has a 10C/50F rating and will be used for my upcoming adventure. I was recently thinking about the trip and surmised that the “down” sleeping bag would be overkill. With each passing day, I’ll do a little more preparation as myperception of time will speed up as the trip grows ever closer.