Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Cortisol

I was hoping to report on my last hard workout before the half-marathon race. The plan was to do 6x1km intervals on 30 seconds rest. It is one of the toughest and hardest workout that I do during the racing season. But my cortisol got in the way. I still made it down to the Running Room and was happy instead to run a fast, hard and intense 7 miles/11km run. Things over the past couple of days at the office caused my cortisol level to go up, which is not conducive to running fast. The hard workout I think burned off any cortisol that was still left in my system.

On another note, I got my university marks back and I got an A+ in my calculus course. It is a relief to get the course behind me and thankful that I didn't have to learn integration-by-parts in the end.