Monday, May 21, 2007

Long weekend...

My long weekend in Montreal, Quebec is quickly coming to a close and it is time to get back to normal stuff. Over the weekend, I located ten geocaches and moved my tally up to 704 finds. It felt good to finally surprass 700 finds. The Body World exhibit was really good and I'll check it out again next time I'm in Montreal. The exhibit runs until early September, so I'll see if it is better the second time around. It was interesting learning about our bodies and its various components. At the same time, it was like being at a funeral as most folks spoke with hushed tones and moved around very somberly. The exhibit allowed me to review some of the material that I am learning in my podcast-Nutrition Science class being taught by a U. Cal Berkeley professor.

When I'm in Montreal I usually stay at McGill as it is convenient and affordable. One thing that suprised me is that I am getting better at taking the STM, the subway. After getting into town, I implicity knew which of the three lines to take, which direction to go and where to get off.

I picked up a new book by C. J. Box, "Free Fire." It is mystery about a series of murders that were committed in Yellowstone National Park and because it is a federal park, for jurisdiction reasons the criminal can't be brought to justice. (IBSN 0399154272)