Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Three days to go...

It is three days before my half-marathon on Sunday. Today, I did a tuneup sort of workout which took the form of a 5 km (3.1 mile) warmup followed by 5 km at race pace. We had one of our warmest days of the year with the temperature reaching 78F. I am looking forward to the race as it will be like graduation day for the training. All my training over the last couple of months has been focused on this race. Once the race is over, I'll pump up the tires on the mountain- and road bike and start cycling.

In two weeks, I'll be running in a 12 hour running relay. It is a fund raiser for cancer research and every year I get drafted on the team as I am one of the faster runners at the office. Our team will be competing against 78 other teams to see which team can do the most number of laps of a track over a 12 hour period. My shift will involve running around the track for about an hour.