Thursday, September 20, 2007

Climbing Shoes – Five Ten – Spire

Last week, I went bouldering and climbing at Earth Treks in Timonium. As we were chilling Jason talked about how good climbing feels when you have proper climbing shoes. I was skeptical but rented a pair to see what they were like. As well, climbing in sneakers is not cool!! I was quickly convinced that how could I not be climbing in climbing shoes. I had fun trying my first bouldering problem. My climbing started out rough but got better as the session progressed. It was weird that even with a lot of chalk my hands wouldn’t stop perspiring. It could be, I hadn't climbed in a while, seeing a tall climbing wall that scared me or a low energy balance. While at MEC today I bought a pair of Five Ten Spire climbing shoes. There is a climbing gym close to where I live, Vertical Reality so I’ll head over to see if I can do more bouldering.