Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A week in review - Orioles and Stoli Doli's

Last week I had a really great and fun week in Baltimore. On Wednesday, I flew from Ottawa to Chicago and then to Baltimore. Jason met me at the airport and dropped me back at the hotel. After a quick shower I walked into Canton to buy some sugar, fig newtons, and pretzel goldfish at Safeway. I headed over to Starbucks to grab some tea and spent the remainder of the afternoon relaxing at the Canton harbor. I met Jason at his office and saw the Apple iPhone for the first time. Next, we headed over to Camden Yards to watch the Orioles play the LA Angels. It was not a good night for the Orioles. They committed four errors in the first 30 minutes which put them at a disadvantage for the rest of the game. We had really great seats for watching the game as well as catching fly balls. Early on in the game Jason caught a ball. We snacked on goldfish and had pulled pork and really great sauerkraut. The game went to the full nine inning and the Orioles lost 18-6. The game attendance was 15,136. On the way back to the car we took some pictures 1 2 3 4.


On Thursday morning, after a quick breakfast and we headed over to Jason's new house. We spent most of the day framing the ceiling in one of the bedrooms. Jason’s mom helped us position the 2x4s. I took a picture of a sign that Jason has leading from his basement which I took note after hitting my head on the way up. I was really happy to celebrate a special day in Baltimore with Jason.

In the evening, Em, Jason and I headed to the Capital Grille to celebrate all our birthdays which are close together. I had my first Stoli Doli which I enjoyed drinking. The fruity pineapple taste prepares you for the slight burn you get from the vodka. I heeded Jason’s advice and enjoyed it over the course of the meal.