Thursday, August 2, 2007

Delayed Baggage

As I type this entry I am looking out on the setting sun in downtown Atlanta, GA where I am attending my second honor society conference. Last year, I attended the conference in Phoenix, AZ. My flight from Ottawa to Dulles/Washington and then onto Atlanta went by really quickly. So quickly that my bags are still somewhere in Washington waiting for shipment south. I hope it eventually turns up as I don't want to miss the toga party!

There are 25 students in the Canadian delegation. I know about half of them from the conference last year and other meetings that we have had during the past year. During a break in the sessions I stopped in at REI to pickup an order that I had sent to the Atlanta store. I was pressed for time so I grabbed the order and headed back to the hotel. Drats, I didn't get a chance to the explore the store. The opening session of the conference was a blast as it celebrated the 30th anniversary of the honor society. The weather has been in the high 90s and it is humid.