Monday, August 6, 2007

Philadelphia

As I type this entry I am looking out the window at a banner that says Philadelphia Airport. My flight back to Ottawa was been delayed for about two hours so I decided to fire up the laptop and catch up on the happenings of the day. The conference was a lot of fun. Yesterday, I went to Turner field for a Atlanta Braves game and it was a great chance to chat with some of the delegates from Australia and New Zealand. The Braves won which was a bonus. The toga party went well as the blue material that I bought for my toga worked out well. One of the neat things I did was to meet Jack Canfield. He was a keynote speaker at one of the sessions and wrote the "Chicken Soup for the Sole" books. I bought one of his books and he autographed it for me. I explored the olympic park that was built in connection with the 1996 Olympics. I was able to find a couple of geocaches which was fun to do. One of the interesting things that happened occurred when I was walking through a black neighborhood on the way back from the Martin Luther King Museum. I was passing a group of black guys and they wanted to know what a "white boy" was doing in their neighborhood. I kept on soldiering down the street. The flight has been delayed again so back to surfing.