Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Mt Marcy

This coming weekend we celebrate Canada Day on July 1 which occurs on a Sunday this year, so most folks get Monday off as a holiday. I met with the people that I'm hiking in the Adirondacks on the weekend and we are planning on climbing three mountains, one of which is in the top 46 list. The plan is to climb Mt. Marcy whose elevation is 5,344 feet. It is the tallest mountain in the range. We will set out from camp early on Sunday to ascend the mountain. The other two mountains we want to hike up is Ampersand and Rooster Comb. I'm eager to sleep in my tent for the first time, to try the camelback in the day pack and break in a summer sleeping bag. As well, I'm getting low on fig newtons and will use the trip to stock up on them. Things are shaping up well for the adventure...