Monday, June 18, 2007

Summer reading...

One of the newspapers I read daily, the WSJ, recently had a book review of good books for summer reading. While in Montreal, I bought one of the books off the list, C.J.Box,Free Fire. I enjoyed reading the book over a couple of days and decided to read the rest of the Joe Pickett series. I headed over to local library web site and requested copies of his other books, Out of Range, Trophy Hunt, Savage Run , Open Season and Winter Kill. Over the last little while, I have read all of these books. I headed back to the book review and bought the next book in the list, Requiem for an assassin by Barry Eisler. Yesterday, I requested from the library all of Barry's other John Rain books and will read his other five books. One thing I liked about his book is that he goes into great details about John Rain's tradecraft such as his Spyderco knives, Surefire flashlights and Alon bulletproof windows. There is one other book that I'm reading analyically and clinicially, is George Tenet's , At the Center of the Storm: My Years at the CIA. The book is taking longer to read that I thought as I read a chapter then think about what he says for a couple of hours before reading the next chapter. There is one more book on the book review list that I want to read, but it won't be published for another month. I mostly likely finish the summer off by reading the much sought after Harry Potter, final volumer.