Monday, March 26, 2007

Adirondacks

I'm back from a long weekend of snowshoeing, winter camping and mountain climbing. It was a so-so weekend as some things worked out really great and some things sucked. In a couple of days, I'll post a entry describing how it went.

Some hints: I can say that I love my snowshoes and there large surface area and big crampons helped a lot on during the trek up the side of the mountain. The flatware plate and utensils made food consumption an easy and fun experience. I had packed sufficient clothing so I was warm at all times and had dry feet for much of the trip. My down sleeping bag kept me toasty at night while the other folks were cold and had wet feet for much of the trip. I experienced one casualty on the trip which I'll have to replace. I'll let the suspence build...