Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Skunks and running..

Tonight we finished our first interval pyramid by running six-1km intervals on 90 seconds rest. In two weeks we will start at the bottom of the pyramid again and run four on 60 seconds rest and eventually work up again to doing six. (3.52/3.52/3.48/3.55/3.54/4.06) On the last one, I was suffering a bit and had to drag myself to finish but really happy with way the workout went.

While geocaching in Quebec on Sunday I was signing the cache log when a skunk decided to walk by. He trundled by oblivious to the fact that I was standing nearby. I chuckle when I realize that I saw a red fox and a skunk of the weekend and sort of wonder what I'll see this week.

My Adirondack winter camping/hiking adventure is only a couple of days away and I have most of my gear laid out and will start putting things stuff/compression sacks and do the formal packing tomorrow night. The weather is currently unsettled but I'm hoping for cold and snow rather than ice and rain.