Friday, March 16, 2007

One week to go...

In a week’s time, I’ll be hiking in the Adirondack Mountains and on my way to a lean-to (http://picasaweb.google.com/moulec/AdirondacksFall2004/photo#5024869358967522642) at Marcy Dam, where we will spend our first night in the elements. Today, I made my second trip to my local outfitters (www.mec.ca) to pick up some more gear. I bought a stuff sack for my new thermarest and some straps to fasten my snowshoes to my large hiking pack (90 liters) as well as my day hiking pack. In anticipation of a hike octane adventure, I bought some powerbars, clif bars and 2 lbs of trail mix. I spent a little while playing with the straps as they are meant for another purpose but could be adapted for snowshoes, that I forgot the most important things on the list, which is a couple of pairs of socks. So, I have to take another trip next week to get socks and any other things that I have forgotten from the gear list. Also on the list is that I have to waterproof my hiking boots.