Thursday, March 15, 2007

On death and dying..

A little over a month ago, a friend who I have known for a long time lost his mother after a long battle with cancer. I had drafted a blog entry which had gone through many revisions and was hard to write so I never posted it and parked it away. He and his wife are having a rough time dealing with the loss of his mother and mother-in-law. Many years ago, I heard a radio interview with Elizabeth Kubleur-Ross on death and dying. My mother has often talked about a book that Ms. Kubleur-Ross wrote on death and dying and the various stages that the terminally ill patient with experience before expiring. I got the book out of the library the other day so that I can help S deal with the loss of his mother. The book is written from the patient’s as well as the family’s perspective. In the future, I’ll look back at this entry and hopefully post and my thoughts on the book.