Friday, March 9, 2007

Swing...

I have been swing dancing for a little while and still amazed by the new moves and variations that we learn each week. The one we learned tonight I still find confusing but will eventually get it. It is a 6-step variation on a Charleston. The move is a rock-step/kick-step/scoop and then a step. The kick step is the neatest part as you kick with your left leg and then it ends up crossed.
In two weeks, I'll be sitting in a lean-to most likely at Marcy Dam in the Adirondacks of New York. It is a adventure that I have been waiting for a while. I still can't decide whether to wear my hiking boots with thick socks or my snowlion boots. We have a group meeting on Monday night so many of the details will be worked out then. Tonight, I bought a new thermarest air matress as I'm adding to the hiking/camping gear that my father and I share. My snowshoes are waiting there first trip stateside.