Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Liberation...

Tonight we added one more interval to the tally and I did five-1,000 meter intervals on a rest of 90 seconds. (3.42/4.02/3.50/4.00/3.49) There is a little bit of variability between the numbers as when we run north we have to run up a grade which we run down on the return trip. This explains why the second and fourth intervals always appear slower than the others. Whenever I see the dentist or doctor they always ask me about my discomfort level which is another word for pain. I was really pleased with the times even though I was under moderate discomfort running and will feel the full brunt of the workout on Friday.

Now the topic of the day, liberation. It is said that technology is a liberator and this something that I agree with. I have been working on my brother website for a little while and it continue to evolve as we built out the content. I consider it as a work in progress as I learn more web technology and he has a better feel for what he wants to do with the site. So, what does this have to do with liberation? I got my brother to use AIM so that we could real-time chat about the content and what it should look like etc. A bonus along the way is that I feel that I know my brother a little better. It sure beats trying to explain stuff over the phone.