Sunday, March 18, 2007

Science Fair 2

In one of my earlier entries I talked about how one of my science fair projects dealt with volcanoes. In this entry I'll talk about my science fair project dealing with lasers. When I was growing up my father did a lot of work using lasers. My science fair projects explained how a laser work and about the speed of light. The speed of light came in as there is a mirror on the moon that you can shine your laser on and it will bounce back to earth. We calculated the distance from my parent's house to the moon and how many seconds it would take for a laser beam to be reflected off the mirror. When it came time to demonstrate my science fair, I explained how a laser works and the speed of light and my father I was able to get a low powered laser that I could use provide an live example. I remember getting a good mark on the project and being happy with what I had done. In a upcoming blog I'll talk about one of my childhood heroes.